Protective Relay Training
Protective Relay Training For Industrial and Commercial Power Systems
THIS 2-DAY PROTECTIVE RELAY TRAINING COURSE PROVIDES A COMPREHENSIVE UNDERSTANDING OF INDUSTRIAL, COMMERCIAL AND INSTITUTIONAL POWER SYSTEM PROTECTION. RELAY TECHNICIANS, SYSTEM PROTECTION ENGINEERS, CONSULTANTS, AND ENGINEERS AND TECHNICIANS WORKING IN SYSTEM PROTECTION SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE.
The Protective Relay training course is an intensive course designed to give students a firm grasp of electrical relay protection schemes, methods and technologies. Students will learn the basics of relay protection combined with hands-on, realistic training on actual relays. Students will understand applicable NETA protective relay testing standards, what test result information should be recorded, and what hand tools are necessary for proper protective relay adjustment and calibration.
Protective Relay Training Course subjects include: relay test procedures and principles for different types of protection and manufacturers of relays, completion of test documentation including pass/fail determination, and different usage of relay software. Familiarization with different protective relay test sets and software is explained, as well as single phase and three phase testing and associated connections. Examples of relay coordination and application of protective relays for power flow and motor protection using electromechanical, electronic and microprocessor protective relays are examined.
- Understand The Basic Philosophy Of System Protection
- Apply Current Transformers (CT) And Potential Transformers (PT) To Relay Systems
- Understand Different Relay Systems And How They Respond To A Fault
- How To Use Relay Event Recordings To Analyze Relay Operations
- Will Reduce Unnecessary Downtime!
- Provide Recommended Settings For Adjustable Trip Circuit Breakers And Relays.
- Will Increase Coordination (Selectivity) Between Devices.
- Identify Deficiencies In System Protection.
- Will Provide Recommended Solutions To Help Correct Your Problem Areas
- New Trends in Protection Testing
- Fault Analysis
- Instrument Transformers
- Current Transformers
- Voltage Transformers
- Overcurrent Protection
- Transformer Protection
- Differential Protection
- Station Bus Protection
- Motor Protection
- Generator Protection
- Relay Synchronization
Visit Our Basic Relay Training Course Page